Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Good day everyone:
We are looking for a self-driven Senior Data Engineer who is passionate about fields such as machine learning and predictive modeling but also software engineering, database management, and big data concepts. As part of Amplifys’ data science team, you will be the driving force in setting up and implementing the data management processes, as well as participating in multiple client engagements from a data management perspective.
You will play with:
• Developing tooling and infrastructure that support data scientists with model deployment in production systems, especially in the domain of machine learning and AI.
• Implementing data access and transformation protocols to enable data scientists to have reliable access to unified data.
• Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud technologies.
• Coordinating data access with third parties in compliance with GDPR legislation and specific client requirements.
• Further develop our in-house infrastructure to maximize our efficiency whilst still keeping data security our top priority.
• We treasure diversity and encourage candidates with different backgrounds and experience to apply.
Your knowledge and experience:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in database administration, custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
• 5+ years of experience with schema design, data architecture, and data modeling.
• 5+ years of experience in writing efficient SQL statements.
• Proven experience building scalable data services and systems.
• Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
• Experience in Git.
• Experience in RESTful APIs.
• Experience in automating data science models and data pipelines.
• Fluent/Native English proficiency is an absolute must.
• A degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative subject.
The following would also be a plus:
• Experience in cloud systems (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.).
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages (preferably Java).
• Prior experience with Linux or Unix systems.
• Experience in Docker.
• Prior experience with Hadoop eco-system (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, etc.).
• Any experience of studying or working in an international environment would be an advantage.
• A track record of analytical or consultancy projects would be a huge advantage, but not a requirement.
• They work with international clients, so travel is occasional, conference calls are daily.
• Dynamic is one way to describe Amplify. They have ambitious growth plans which means you will be joining a growing, changing, evolving, learning, and never-giving-up, can-do organization. At the same time, challenges are faced as a team, in which people respect each other, so do not expect a Wolf of Wall Street kind of atmosphere.
• Flat structure and relaxed, sensible atmosphere – we are goal-oriented and pragmatic.
• Work-life balance is a priority that we take seriously – we know that happy people are productive people.
• They will compete for every piece of the pie – the world’s top consultancies are up against us, so our level of interaction and deliverables need to be exceptional.
• The opportunity to grow and learn is on the table, it is up to you to grab it and make the best out of it. Create your own destiny.
You know what to do in case you like the idea of become part of Amplifys' team.
We treat your personal information with respect and confidentiality, guaranteed and protected by Bulgarian and European law.
“InVisions” agency license № 2420 from 19.12.2017.