Machine learning engineer
Full-Stack Web Developer
Summary of the company:
“Shipamax” is a London-based software company with 5-years of experience in providing plug & play automation to logistics companies who are constrained by manual admin. They Stripe for back-office automation in logistics as logistics is the lifeblood of the global economy. Their core product connects to any email inbox or unstructured data source and automatically extracts data from emails & attachments in real-time - outputting a clean, structured feed via API. Shipamax is one of the few London-based startups backed by Y Combinator. In January, they announced their $7million Series A funding.
The role in short:
The position of “Machine Learning Engineer” within “Shipamax” will give you a chance to join an early stage company & help shape our organization through this period of rapid growth. Today, Shipamax serves some of the largest players in logistics and they’re processing 20 million emails & attachments annually. So we hope to meet bright and ambitious people to join the data team fully remotely and help us build up a team of engineers in Bulgaria.
You’ll be working with a very experienced, but low-ego, team of 6 engineers and machine learning researchers (4 with PhD) who are experts in NLP and machine learning. The technologies they use give the best results for the customer so you will also join regular research and knowledge sharing sessions.
We focus on old industries where there is huge room for automation. Currently we're expanding into our second vertical - the Freight Forwarding market - where we're seeing customers jump at the prospect of applying our technology to automate data entry. So as a Machine Learning Engineer you will focus on extracting data & meaning from documents, based on NLP and information from the document layout.
Day to day you'll:
• Bringing algorithms & model research into practice and push the boundaries of what is possible in 1-4 months projects;
• Maintain existing models and data processing algorithms;
• Working closely with the engineering and product teams to successfully integrate models into our commercial product;
• Deliver impressive data extraction software to customers;
• Enjoy seeing users getting commercial benefit from the system
• Responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of тхе data sets on existing and new ML models in pre-launch and in production;
• Work end-to-end on тхе data extraction from data to production;
• Keeping on top of the latest AI/ML research for team discussions & application in your work.
Main points from your background:
• MSc in computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field or significant, comparable job experience;
• Min. 1+ year of professional work experience;
• Strong programming skills in one of the following programming languages including but not limited to: Python, C++, Java or Go;
• Experience in understanding and building statistical models, machine learning models and NLP;
• Focus on deliverables;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to perform applied research projects and bring them to production;
• Experience in natural language processing;
• Experience working on real-world data sets;
• Experience in logistics is not necessary :)
• Take part of small team with good human attitude and values;
• 40-hours work week with flexible working hours;
• Remuneration: £10k – £40k – according to your experience and expectations;
• Start date: as soon as possible
1st step: online interview with a Bulgarian recruiter;
2nd step: online technical interview with the CTO & Co-Founder of the company;
3rd step: online technical assessment;
4th step: decision making for both parties based on job offer.
Thank you for stopping by. Now it’s time to apply by sending your CV and we will get in touch with the short-listed candidates.
We treat your personal information with respect and confidentiality, guaranteed and protected by Bulgarian and European law.
“InVisions” agency license № 2420 from 19.12.2017.